STEP 1: GET THE BASICS, B*T**ES!
You start with the fundamentals. UX design focuses on creating a delightful experience through meeting user needs and wants, as well as through user psychology.
FREE Courses to take:
- Become a Designer in 2021, taught by Daniel Schifano & Andrei Neagoie (Udemy)
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate (Coursera)
STEP 2: STALK AND LEARN
Next time you see a website you love, take a few minutes to analyse what about it works so well for you. Is it the colour palette? The interactive design? The typography?
Some of the platforms you can check out for inspiration:
- Google Images
STEP 3: WHAT’S AN ARTIST WITHOUT A BRUSH?
Next, you’re going to want to invest in UI/UX softwares. Start applying everything you’ve learned so far and bring your designs to life, baby!
Here’s a quick rundown of softwares you need to explore:
STEP 4: SHOW THEM WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Start building a portfolio. If you’re starting from scratch, we highly recommend downloading some free UI kits.
- Pick a few websites and see how you would redesign them.
- Create mockups for your design and post them online for feedback – feedback will help you grow as a designer.
- Once you have a solid portfolio you’re proud of, start applying for internships/jobs.